Friday, February 15, 2008

Why church-y people crack me up.

I've been sitting here at Panera all day, working. I ate my breakfast bagel here, and my lunch half sandwich and cup of soup.

This morning there was a small group of ladies here, chatting about the business of their church. It was all pretty straightforward stuff, nothing remarkable, a low drone in the background while I worked. But then one of them left, and the two remaining ladies (and I use the term loosely) proceeded to pull her and several other ladies presumably at their church to shreds.

Huh.

And, when the ladies left one of them looked at the mess her group left at the table, remarking on it, then she proceeded to say, "Oh well. Who cares?"

I'll take a guess, maybe the guy who has to clean up after you?

What would Jesus do? Apparently he'd shrug and leave like she did, because after all she was a church lady. She should know.

And people call me a heathen.

No comments:

Zen and the Art of Bluestalking Maintenance

One woman's search for enlightenment in a distinctly unenlightened
world.

About Me

My photo
Mum of three, navigating mid-life in suburban Chicago. Rolling down the hill faster and faster every day. Trying to make the best of it.