Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Speaking of Me 18 Years Ago...


Ye gods, are these photos weird to look at now. Not only was I all blonded up with my super hot late '80s 'do(n't), but I also appear to have a fluffy white thing attacking the back of my head.
My only defense is it was the thing then, okay? Sheesh!

I also have cake smeared all over my face, which totally adds to the overall hotness of the look.

I have a few freakish outtake photos from my wedding day, but the big award winner has to be this picture of my mother giving me a kiss on the cheek. I kind of remember taking this picture, in a vague way, but I don't recall for sure if I was freaked out my mother was kissing me for the first (and, to date, only) time in my life, or if I was feeling a little irregular that day.

It could go either way, really. Note the hunted look in my eye, the fight or flight response in living color.

And my mother? What the hell is that on her head, and who on earth told her those glasses were a good look?
Crikey. It pains me. In so, so many ways.

I'll leave you with this one I do remember. The photographer got really irked my matron of honor and I couldn't stop laughing while attempting to gaze with rapt attention and awe at my engagement ring. I mean, come on! All we were thinking about was the reception, and all that booze.
Ten minutes before this moment she'd just had her hands up my skirt, reinacting the putting on of my garter, while that perv of a photographer snapped a dozen or so pictures.
He so had lesbian fantasies on his mind. Don't tell me he didn't.
Phew. I got that out of my system. Time to return to the 21st century.

No comments:

Zen and the Art of Bluestalking Maintenance

One woman's search for enlightenment in a distinctly unenlightened
world.

About Me

My photo
Mum of three, navigating mid-life in suburban Chicago. Rolling down the hill faster and faster every day. Trying to make the best of it.