Thursday, February 28, 2008

Instant Karma!

Today's Instant Karma!:

"Enjoy your eccentricities and those of other people."

Like I've always said, normal people are so damn boring. Anyone who's always the same, who's completely predictable is pretty dull to be around.

I tend to like people for their oddities, their distinguishing characteristics as much as for any other trait. The more quirky the better for me. Well, within reason. If you wear aluminum foil on your head because you think it blocks aliens from reading your mind that's a little psycho. (We all know it's plastic wrap that really does that.) Then I may not hang out with you too much. But if you have a weird addiction to going to garage sales, if you collect something, anything quirky or off-beat, or if you like books more than people, then you're someone I'd like to take to dinner.

My closest friends enjoy my company because of my unpredictability as well as my willingness to go along with almost anything. I have a wide variety of likes. Pretty much any, say, ethnic food is fine with me. If you like it I'm willing to try it.

They also like my oddball sense of humor, my ability to come up with some damn fine one-liners at the drop of a hat. I'm not always on my game, but I am a good chunk of the time.

I'm losing a lot of fear of looking weird as I grow older. I'm willing to do more things I'd have cringed to even think about in the past. Yeah, I still have my limits. That's what makes me fit for company. But I'm ever changing and evolving.

To me, that's what makes life interesting, and keeps it interesting. And that's a very important thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how cool it was to read this tonight. :)

Thanks!

D

Lisa Guidarini said...

You are so welcome! I love the idea I can be of help, and you just never know when a person will read the right thing at the right time.

Zen and the Art of Bluestalking Maintenance

One woman's search for enlightenment in a distinctly unenlightened
world.

About Me

My photo
Mum of three, navigating mid-life in suburban Chicago. Rolling down the hill faster and faster every day. Trying to make the best of it.