Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I need a new blog like I need a(nother) hole in my head

One thing about blogging, it keeps me regular. No, no, no. Not regular as opposed to constipated. Nothing so crass as that. I mean regular as in posting regularly, organizing my schedule in a more efficient way. Crap like that.

I've been blogging on my OTHER blog for, oh, a couple years now. That blog is my freelance writing/photography/whining blog. I didn't think the material I'll be writing hear really fit over there, thus the creation of this separate blog. Here the focus will be pinpoint accurate, zoning in on all matters spiritual related to MY GREAT QUEST. And there'll be whining here, too, just to break the monotony.

One of my major life goals, starting in 2008, involves the pursuit of spiritual enlightenment. I'm not religious per se, but I do have a strong connection to things spiritual. That doesn't mean I don't live in the modern era, have satellite TV and swear a lot. Dammit. It just means I'm very interested in the BIG PICTURE, how we all got here, what's out there. Stuff like that.

I'm not saying I'm New Age-y. Then again, I'm not saying I'm NOT, either. What I am saying is I still have a long way to go toward understanding the Universe and everything, and I'm very interested in learning all I can with the aim of achieving a measure of peace, contentment and understanding.

Starting pretty much, well, NOW I'll be recording my thoughts gleaned from books written on the various spiritually-related subjects. I'm also going to visit a local Unitarian Church to see what that's all about. No other established church I know of comes anywhere near fitting the bill for me. Only a church that welcomes everyone, and shuns no one, could ever be an institution I'd patronize on a semi-regular basis (about as often as I'd plan to go anywhere).

So, we'll see how it goes. Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies. Snatch this pebble from my hand, Grasshopper!

Whatever.

No comments:

Zen and the Art of Bluestalking Maintenance

One woman's search for enlightenment in a distinctly unenlightened
world.

About Me

My photo
Mum of three, navigating mid-life in suburban Chicago. Rolling down the hill faster and faster every day. Trying to make the best of it.