Friday, January 11, 2008

Better than the average bear. Hey, Boo Boo!

Once upon a time I practiced yoga regularly. By regularly I mean at least twice a week, dependent on when the classes were offered at my health club. The practice of yoga is much more than just the physical. It's a whole philosophical system devoted to the mind-body connection and exuding the peace you find into the world.

In short, it ain't just a class.

I never perfected myself with yoga, never completely got into the philosophy and managed to successfully integrate it into my life. But last night I attended the first yoga class I've been to in at least two years. It's step one toward getting myself and my life back on track.

Later this month I'll attend another yoga class, followed immediately by a class on meditation, at the same studio. Between now and then I have to have an injured shoulder looked at, and possibly have an MRI on it. And, well, if that requires any sort of surgical intervention that'll pretty much put the kabash on yoga for a while. But meditation, that I can still do.

I'm pretty proud of myself for getting out to that class last night. It was snowy and cold, and I got out and just did it.

Nike would be proud.

No comments:

Zen and the Art of Bluestalking Maintenance

One woman's search for enlightenment in a distinctly unenlightened
world.

About Me

My photo
Mum of three, navigating mid-life in suburban Chicago. Rolling down the hill faster and faster every day. Trying to make the best of it.